- What's On
- Buy Now
- Summer Brochure
- Half Moon
JOB TITLE: Business Development Executive
18 Months Fixed Term Contract
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for developing and implementing the Business Development Strategy for Cork Opera House. Reporting directly to the General Manager and indirectly to the CEO, the Business Development Executive will be responsible for achieving Cork Opera House’s fundraising goals and engaging and retaining sponsors on an on-going basis.
The Business Development Manager is the point of contact for all sponsors with responsibility for servicing sponsor relationships throughout the year, including reporting, ticketing, corporate entertainment, marketing, launches, press liaison, and company initiatives.
• Create and implement a multi-faceted business development strategy, working closely with the senior management team and the Board of Directors
• Lead and manage Cork Opera House’s overall business development efforts to raise a specific target in the duration of the contract
• Manage and develop existing corporate and individual donor relationships in relation to Angel Membership, Corporate Boxes , Show Sponsorship
• Prospect, cultivate and nurture relationships with prospective corporate and individual sponsors
• Develop the Angel Membership Scheme and Cork Opera House Friends Scheme to meet an increased revenue target
• Prospect, cultivate and nurture relationships with prospective individual donors with a view to securing sponsorships across all areas of the business i.e. Drink Sponsors, Media Partners, Accommodation Partners and other relationships relevant to the operations of the company
• Attend city and nationwide networking and business development events with a view to the cultivation of new sponsors
• Strategize and orchestrate methods of approach to prospective corporate and individual donors and assemble sponsorship proposals for dissemination amongst potential sponsors
• Organise and host business development events in Cork Opera House
• Train and lead other staff to support business development initiatives
• Work with Marketing Department to engage meaningfully with businesses throughout the city in the promotion of shows i.e. Hotels, restaurants, cafes and hairdressers.
• Develop relationships with charity partners to attract more charity events at Cork Opera House
• To work closely with the Marketing team to deliver on commitments to sponsors in the areas of brand awareness, logo placement, tickets and special sponsors events.
Experience and Qualifications required:
• 5 – 10 years’ experience of direct sales or business development in a service industry or with a non-profit organisation
• Proven track record of achieving revenue targets through business development initiatives
• A working knowledge of Cork’s business sector, and access to key players within the corporate field
• Experience in the area of fundraising for the arts is desirable but not essential
• Proven track record in understanding the principals of marketing, especially in relation to branding and sponsorship
Skills and personal qualities:
• High energy and positive attitude with a high degree of initiative
• Strong Communicator with excellent partnership building skills
• Excellent networker with a proven ability to cultivate new relationships quickly
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the performing arts industry is desirable but not essential
• Possess the ability to recognise opportunity and capitalise on it
• Proven management and leadership capabilities
To apply, please forward a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability to the role to:
Cork Opera House
Closing date for Applications is Friday 10th May 2013.
For further information about the role, please contact Eibhlin Gleeson on +353 021 4905213 or by email to email@example.com